Friday, December 19, 2014

The Game

The Game 
By Lindsey C
14 October, 2013

If I could take your pain and shed your tears,
Babe, you know I would.
To keep you sane and kill your fears,
Only if I could.
Gestures and gifts don't do the jist,
It is the emotion that remains the same.
Material things cannot be missed,
And life us just a game.

In Monopoly a roll of a dice can leave you locked behind bars,
While The Game Of Life you move around in your mini cars.
Apples To Apples you only win if the judges agrees,
In many cases my opinion doesn't matter;
Uno describes me.

I'd rather Go Fishing under the Bridge where the Old Maid can be found,
Or lying to companions with my multi-poker chip mounds.
And when it gets down to it,
Who would of thought,
That our lives are down to the spin of a wheel,
Or the property we bought.

I would take it all away,
Wash you from the game.
But maybe, baby, it was worth it,
All the struggles that have came.
It's made us stronger,
Made us wiser,
Ever dollar lost.
And when you get thinking,
Stress was our only cost.

They'll always be a hirer power,
Trouble,
And taking chances.
Always be a bad hand dealt,
That will need second glances.
And for those who live in greed,
Jealousy and scoffs;
To them all The Game is,
Just another loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment